You did it! You are all signed up for CrossFit classes. You’re ready to see the results that you’ve been hearing about, but 2 months in you feel like they just aren’t happening. Take a look at the list below and make sure you are doing all of these to get the best results from your CrossFit experience.
- Get your nutrition in check – Number 1 no doubt about it! Avoid processed foods and anything with sugar in it. Sugar is a drug and yes you will have withdrawal symptoms. But hang in there the payoff is worth it. Talk with your coach about a proper nutrition plan for your needs.
- Be consistent – show up to 3-5 classes per week every week. Start scheduling things around your gym time, rather than scheduling your gym time around other things.
- Sleep – put your head on that pillow at a reasonable hour and aim for 7 hours of sleep. Notice I don’t say 8 hours because I really don’t think that is a realistic goal in the world we live in. But hey if you can get 8, do it.
- Focus on Mobility – poor mobility puts your body in bad positions which can lead to injuries. Take the time to stretch after each workout or do it at home if you have to. We recently just wrote a blog about the importance of stretching and you can click here to read it.
- Listen to your coaches – scale workouts accordingly when advised to. Your expert coaches have been doing this for years and have your best interest in mind. There is an intended stimulus for each workout and if you don’t get that stimulus you are just robbing your body of results from that workout. Just because you can do a couple pull-ups does not mean you should do 100 of them in a workout. Don’t chase the “RX”
- Don’t do too much – yes, it’s great to have things outside of CrossFit. Maybe you are a ninja warrior on the side, hmm come to think of it, maybe you are just a ninja on the side, maybe you do Spartan races 5 days a week, play soccer, are an amateur wrestler, or something else. Point is if you do all these things on the side, great keep doing them, but be aware that it’s a lot on your body and your PR’s might not come as fast as someone who only does CrossFit.
- Focus on your form – you will always be able to lift heavier weight, move faster and longer once your form in dialed in correctly. Be efficient in your moves.
Interested in seeing your results? Click here to book a FREE No Sweat Intro. See you soon!